Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's Gettin' A Little Western

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" Romans 11:33

Have you ever just sat and thought about the things the Lord has done in your life? Have you ever ventured to wonder why he did them? Or maybe only why He did them in the order that He did them? I think that it is easy to say that the Lord does things and we often doubt why, or why us, or why them... and on and on. It is so hard to remember in times of trouble or stress that He is responsible for those situations and He is pressing us for a reason. Maybe... you are struggling with a class, or seeking a job, maybe you aren't happy with the way things are currently or maybe you are in my position wondering where He will lead you next and what He will have you doing next. A wise person once told me that the Lord is always three steps ahead of us. This is hard for me to imagine, I know that the Lord is all knowing, but to try and think about what will happen three situations from now hurts my brain. I have no idea! I have no idea what I will wear tomorrow let alone where I will be living in 10 years. Not the slightest clue, I know that He has a plan, but as of yet He hasn't filled me in!

We are not to worry, Jesus tells us in Matthew not to worry about anything, He says "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all things shall be added unto you, therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:33-34

Isn't it so hard to truly have that much faith everyday, day in and day out worrying about nothing! Keep in mind we aren't to quite working hard, or planning for the future, or dreaming about things to come, or to disregard our obligations, or to break commitments, we are merely to do all these things without worrying. Sounds like a tall order to me!

I am a single, white, female, 21 years old and finishing up a degree in animal science, what am I to do next? I don't know, but what I do know, is that he has a plan and the his plan includes the choices I make today, many of which will effect me forever. I know that the opportunities I take advantage of, and the success that I find while I am in school and as I graduate will in fact someday make me a better wife and mother. I would encourage you in this season of Lent to seek him eagerly, serve him honestly, and trust him to fulfill his promises and his perfect will. Because his plan is perfect, it is so perfect that we can't fathom it, follow it or begin to figure it out! His plan is a crazy windy road, full of twists, turns, steaks and coffee breaks; buckle up...."It's gettin' a little western!"

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late commenting on these but I rarely have time to sit down and catch up on all the blogs I follow until I have a day to go through the dashboard and read what strikes me as interesting posts. Girl, this one is spot on! As one who also loves the Lord it's amazing to know there are other girls, my own age who know what it's all about. PS. from one country girl to another - one of my FAVORITE passages in the Bible is Psalms 65 as in my mind it paints a beautiful picture of God's country & how he cares for it so. You may enjoy that read. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete