Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sage hen

So, a month later I'm doing really good at keeping up this personal blog, not. You may have heard I moved to the desert, this is true. I now call Fallon, NV "The Oasis of the Desert" my home. As the boy's grandpa put it, "You've become a sage hen." I'm not really sure what this means, but from what I can tell it has something to do with spring chickens and desert rats.

A few notes about living in the desert:

Closed windows in the windy spring are a must - can you say lots of sand on my window ciels.
*side note, what did the pioneer women who didn't have vacuums do to manage this?

Lotion, lots of lotion is absolutely necessary. I'm turning from grape to raisin rapidly.

Even when it's delightfully warm in the afternoon it will be cold once it  gets dark.

Despite it all, nothing beats little girls running across the room screaming your name in excitement when you first get to town. Or the fact that with a 30 minute drive you can be surrounded by nothing but nature and peace. Yes, desert living is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment